Situation Management for Hotel, Hospitality and Licensed Trade Staff
Running a Pub or Bar is a complex operation in an environment where alcohol is freely available.
For a Pub or Bar to function well, there has to be an atmosphere and environment where the customers and staff feel safe, relaxed and comfortable.
CMC has a long track record in training staff working in the hospitality iindustry in Ipswich, Suffolk and East Anglia, and we aim to supply the infomation to enable staff to make such a place a reality.
Unfortunately, however good your staff, occasionally violence occurs in licensed premises and it is important to have complete a thorough risk assessment beforehand.
Depending on your requirements, this course can be either a half day, full day or day and a half. Courses are made up of a mixture of the course contents below, tailored to your specific situation.
- The context of workplace violence: When and where does it happen and why?
- Risk assessment for bar staff
- Interpersonal signals
- Reading signs of agression
- Triggers to aggressive behaviour
- Managing conflict 'flashpoints'
- Learning and practicing effective interventions in violent situations
- Stages of conflict escalation
- Identify an employers legal responsibilities
- Identify an individuals legal responsibilities
- Physical responses to violence in your premises
Contact us for further information about this course